Sunday, January 4, 2009

Tales of Beetle the Bard


I was really excited to read this one since I'm a huge Harry Potter fan. I received the book for Christmas and ended up reading it in one sitting since it was so short (just about 100 pgs). That would be my only complaint about "Beetle" -- it's much shorter than I had hoped. But, it's a fun, quick read and I would definitely recommend it for any Potter fans.

The book is sort of like Grimm's fairy tales for wizards (it's referenced in the last HP book, the Deathly Hallows). The concept of the book is pretty cool because each story has commentary from Albus Dumbledore, complete with footnotes to other Wizarding books, etc. Dumbledore's commentary also gives insight to some of the characters in the HP books and a few other details that weren't included in them. I'll re-read Deathly Hallows before the movie comes out in July, so it will be interesting to cross-reference this with that book, especially where they reference the Tale of the Three Brothers.
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment