Wednesday, January 7, 2009

From book to movie

I recently found out several books I really like are becoming movies: A Great and Terrible Beauty, Something Borrowed and Something Blue. I'm always afraid that the movie's going to suck and totally ruin the book (like A Series of Unfortunate Events)...but you never know. Twilight was pretty decent. I'm looking forward to seeing the Shopaholic film in February, definitely one of my favorite series! From the preview, they completely changed the book (it's not even set in London, and Becky's not British, annoying) but it still looks like it could be decent. I love Isla Fisher, at least.

Then today I read that Baz Luhrmann bought the film rights to my favorite book of all time, The Great Gatsby. I don't quite know what to think about that. I do LOVE his re-make of Romeo + Juliet and Moulin Rouge was cool, but so weird. I'll definitely go see it either way of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment