Friday, April 10, 2009

Rumors


I've been looking for this book for a while now, but every time I go to Borders it seems to be sold out. That being said, I was really excited when I went to Barnes and Noble this week to spend the last of my Christmas gift cards and found they had "Rumors." I loved the first book in the Luxe series and Rumors definitely did not disappoint.


This book picks up a few months after the happenings in The Luxe. As not to spoil the first book for anyone who hasn't read it yet, I won't get into too much detail, but this really was a great (and fast) read. It features all of the same scandal, backstabbing and romance as the first book, with some especially dramatic events toward the end. I was especially pleased to see the character development in Lina, the maid, who is becoming one of my favorite characters in the series.


I will say that the ending was a bit of a shock (a little upsetting), but I can't wait to find out what happens in "Envy," the next book of the series. Even though this is a YA series, I think anyone who enjoys historical fiction and/or chick lit will love these books, they are a great combination of the two genres.


Highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment